Captain Pips Marina & Hideaway
Captain Pips Marina & Hideaway is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Captain Pips Marina & Hideaway takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Captain Pips Marina & Hideaway Website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or businessperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Subscribe to Dinolytics, a WCAG 2.1 AA automated website scan tool to ensure technical compliance.
- Hire outside consultants to manually scan our site to uncover elements not discovered by the Dinolytics tool as well as to provide additional recommendations for greater compliance.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Captain Pips Marina & Hideaway Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Captain Pips Marina & Hideaway Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Captain Pips Marina & Hideaway Website:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 1480 Overseas Hwy, Marathon, FL
- Phone: 305-743-4403
We try to respond to feedback within 24 hours. Over weekends, vacations, and holidays, there may be a longer response time.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Captain Pips Marina & Hideaway Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- The latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge, Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox are all compatible browsers.
Accessibility of Captain Pips Marina & Hideaway Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Captain Pips Marina & Hideaway Website, there may be some limitations. Our website is built using the content management system, WordPress. Plugins are third-party developed tools and we do not have the capability to have these fixed. We have reached out to the third-party developer and have made them aware of the ADA non-compliance issue. Below is a description of known limitations. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed.
- Missing form label
- Spacer image missing alternative text
- Noscript element
- Redundant alternative text
- Suspicious link text
- Redundant link
- A nearby image has the same alternative text
- Skipped heading level
- Redundant title text
- Orphaned form label
Captain Pips Marina & Hideaway assessed the accessibility of Captain Pips Marina & Hideaway Website by the following approaches:
- Self-evaluation – the entire site was tested using Dinolytics, an enterprise-level accessibility reporting tool based on the technology provided by the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool, created by WebAIM.org, a third-party authority in web accessibility. The site is tested periodically to ensure any added or edited content and code conforms with the latest accessibility guidelines, as reported by the WAVE tool.
- External evaluation – we hire outside consultants to manually scan our website using assistive technologies and provide additional recommendations that the Dinolytics tool does not uncover.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Captain Pips Marina & Hideaway
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 1 business day and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to Captain Pips Marina & Hideaway, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.
This statement was created on April 3, 2019 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool
. Updated May 6, 2019.